Wednesday 3 June 2015

BELGIUM 2015


Stockland Green School has been running a school trip, for students, to Belgium, for over ten years!  We feel passionately that it is a trip designed at developing the whole child. 
The history element is very important and instills a love of History into the students.  It also develops their knowledge and understanding of WW1.  Equally as important is the social and cultural development of our students. 
Our students particularly enjoyed the ferry experience and visiting the chocolate shop to sample delicious Belgium chocolate.
It was a fabulous trip and a ‘once in a lifetime’ experience giving our students many happy memories to bring home with them.

Some quotes from our students:
Esme :   Belgium was a life changing experience and an opportunity I grabbed with both hands . It was a once in a lifetime experience and one that I will never forget.

Ellie:  Belgium was such an eye opening trip that made me appreciate the fact that so many people risked their own lives in order to help their country.  It made me understand that if the war hadn’t have taken place we wouldn’t be where we are today. I learnt so many new things that I didn’t know before and loved every minute of it!

Lauren: I was a little nervous at first, but the sights were very appealing, and the graves we visited truly make you think about all the soldiers that gave up their lives for us.  The town was lovely, and the procession we witnessed was amazing.  An unforgettable experience and I recommend it to anyone who loves history (and chocolate!)

Kasim: Visiting Belgium was very educational and I appreciated the sights we saw. But, I don’t want to hear Miss Mckiernan’s voice as a wakeup call ever again. Ever!

Rebecca:  It was a once in a life time experience and I really enjoyed the last post ceremony and Tynecot which were spectacular and emotional !
Marta: It was an amazing experience that I will always remember. The last post ceremony was very moving and it reminded me that we should remember the ones who fell during the war. I came back with many pictures, new friendships and a lot of memories!

Alex:  The experience was great and we all had a lot of fun, the bowling was great and the atmosphere of all the places was definitely something to remember .

No comments:

Post a Comment